The YWCA is dedicated to eliminating racism, empowering women, and promoting peace, justice, freedom and dignity for all.
The YWCA is the voice for every woman.
The YWCA has been at the forefront of the most critical social movements for more than 160 years — from women’s empowerment and civil rights, to affordable housing and pay equity, to violence prevention and health care.
Across the globe, we have more than 25 million members in 106 countries, including 2.6 million members and participants in 300 local associations in the United States.
More important than the numbers, is our mission to eliminate racism and empower women. We provide safe places for women and girls, build strong women leaders, and advocate for women’s rights and civil rights in Congress.
25 million women and girls 125 countries
For over a century, the YWCA has spoken out and taken action on behalf of women and girls. The YWCA is dedicated to eliminating racism, empowering women and promoting peace, justice, freedom and dignity for all. Over 2 million people participate each year in YWCA programs at more than 1,300 locations across the U.S. Worldwide, the YWCA serves more than 25 million women and girls in 125 countries.
2019 YEAR-END ANNUAL REPORT
Thanks to the generosity of so many in our community, in 2019 the YWCA of Northwest Louisiana directly served over 2,000 girls, women, and community members. This includes:
• LEAD Program = served 651 at-risk girls in leadership training groups and workshops including 536 in schools, 88 through Shreveport Parks and Recreation partnership, and 27 through other nonprofit partnerships.
• Young Women Choosing Action Trauma-Informed Program – served 41 girls in small groups and 37 students in a Yoga N Da Hood workshop
• Trauma Counseling Program – provided counseling and advocacy to 99 women, senior women, and girls who have been crime victims
• Senior Women Advocacy Program – educated 786 senior women on crime and fraud prevention.
• The Racial Justice Program – served 90 community members in racial justice community forums
• Parent Education and Support Program – educated 302 parents with children in Caddo Parish Head Start
• Fresh Start Program – served 24 underemployed women and educated 16 women through workshops
In addition, the FREE Coalition at YWCA educated over 5,000 people in human and sex-trafficking prevention